Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: OT: To the older guys...why did you stick with the

  1. #11
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!!! I didn't think I'd get so many responses so quickly. Thanks guys.

    I love my teg too but there's just something you lose when you put all that stuff on your car. For example, although I love my suspension system, sometimes I want a nice smooth ride. I don't like how small things come up like little rattles in the panels, etc from having a stiffer setup.

    Little things like that get on my nerves. I think "sexy" is the best word to describe the new M3. Who can argue with 13.3 1/4 mile time and a 0-60 in 4.8 seconds in stock form? In addition, it will be smoother, quieter and have more amenities than my teg.

    I was contemplating getting the quaiffe LSD, and sending the block to Endyn to get some serious performance but the new M3 is just too gorgeous.

    Oh well, I don't know what I'm going to end up doing.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Apexi WS cat-back exhaust, Iceman Intake, JR BTC, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, KYB AGX's, Neuspeed rear lower tie bar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #12
    Inactive Member VTECPWR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 1999
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Well, when I got my GSR I wanted something sporty, easily upgraded, and realiable (which rules out all domestic cars, except maybe the Cobra). We had recently sold our 1st house, and just bought our second house, plus I really did not want to spend the money for a new M3. I figured I would do something productive with the money, invest it buy stocks, mutual funds, and max out my 401k. Since then I have signifcantly increased my income, I keep the teg because 1) It is paid for 2) We are about to buy our 3rd house (so far we have at least doubled the price of house everytime, and we did not start out cheap) 3) I am still investing 5) it is time to buy my wife a new car 4) I hate car payments.

    That all said, I have to admit I do really like the new M3's, and may decide to get one in a couple of years, but I refuse to pay the premium they are charging for them right now.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I have Honda in my blood!

    I agree with the "heavy" comment above. 3000 lbs and up is just heavy in my opinion.

    I would like a rear wheel drive for my next car, but the S2000 isn't my thing.

    I plan on keeping my GSR for at least another 3 years. I've been auto-crossing on it for three years now and really feel "in tune" with it. My times are faster too. It will just get better as time goes on.

    The M3 is a beauty. I'd be paranoid about parking anywhere! What kind of availability is there going to be? I've heard they're having problems.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @6psi, AEM CAI/RSR 4-2-1/Greddy PE, Cartech 20005/Walbro GSS-342/TPS Mod, JR BTC, KYB AGX/H&R OE Sport/ST 19mm Rear Swaybar
    Best 1/4 ==> 13.937 @ 101.41mph
    My JRSC Install Site

  4. #14
    Inactive Member FoxRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've angsted about this too. I bought my 'Teg because I wanted a project car and my VW Fox, while nice, light and fun to drive just wasn't a good candidate for that. The 'Teg was a fun car to drive when I got it. It became even more fun after I started playing with it. At the time I picked the teg over an Eclipse GS-X. Had I been thinking at the time I would have just bought a used 3000GT VR4 and been happy.

    I picked up a Honda CR-V because, at the time, I was a field engineer for a network storage company and occasionally had to haul 1.5TB servers to customers. The CR-V made me lazy 'cause its an auto and much easier to drive in stop-and-go. Unfortunatly my Integra has become a weekend warrior.

    Now that I don't *HAVE TO HAVE* the CR-V to haul crap around in I've been seriously thinking of going back to a single car. If I do that I want something that can a) haul ass right out of the box and b) an comfortably seat 4.

    Yes, I'm looking at the new M3 also.

    Sean

    ------------------
    99 GS-R w/ JRSC@6PSI. ES torque mounts & shift stabilizer, Eibach ProKit springs, and KYB AGX shocks. Oh..And a filter onna stick.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member BadAss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is a great topic. I struggled with this for a long time before I got my Teg.

    I just don't like bigger cars, period. I used to have a 96 Maxima SE, and even that was too "luxurious" for me. I didn't feel connected to the road as much and definitely not as controlled. Plus, I love my music and Japanese cars are the easiest cars to modify on that front, without major work. There's something about having a "cheap" car that blows aways most things on the road out there. I had a blast a few weeks back toasting a 740 on the freeway. We got up to 130-140. This guy was so pissed that I could stay ahead of him that he went around a car on the right hand shoulder to get past me finally. I just honked and waved bye-bye. He was so determined to get ahead of me that he started driving crazy. It was fun!!

    ------------------
    Andrew West
    Santa Barbara, CA
    2001 4-dr GSR, 6psi JRSC, AEM CAI, DC 4-2-1, Greddy exhaust, B&M FP Gague

  6. #16
    Inactive Member dbman96's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Andrew -

    Just noticed your name and that you're from Santa Barbara - you didn't happen to go to Santa Ynez High School did you? I knew an Andy West that graduated a year after me; I went to SBCC for awhile after high school too. I still am around SB a lot (GF lives in Carpinteria) so let me know what your car looks like so I can keep an eye open for you.

    (I'm in a black 96 GSR, very stock looking, slightly lowered, comptech exhaust, red brake calipers are only identifying marks but there will be an intercooler in my nose in the next couple weeks)

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just can't quit tinkering with my cars, so if I break something, parts are a dime a dozen to fix it... Hell, I could blow a motor in the mourning... go to the junk yard and be up and running again by that evening...

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, 320cc injectors, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, TPS trick in the works, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location
    ...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

  8. #18
    Inactive Member GreenHornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2000
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Why don't you have both?
    M3 for cruising around town and integra for killing anything that looks like it has a v8.

    I love my integra. I don't plan to sell it at all. spent to much and my insurance is cheap compare to the M3.

    There are plenty of part for the car and doesn't cost a leg and a arm.

    I also feel more secure working on a 20k car than fix up a 50+k M3.

    those M3 parts don't come a dime a dozen not a lot of supply and demand.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 1999
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well the ideal situation is to have a reliable new plush daily driver and a fun weekend car. If your budget allows consider keeping the Teg and buying another car. Perhaps not as expensive as the M3 but something comparable. If my car insurance wasn't so expensive I'd be buying 2 cars instead of one.



    ------------------
    Marc
    1997 Civic EX
    The supercharger is gone and so is my civic. Damn thieves!
    Want to know why I got rid of the JRSC? http://crx.honda-perf.org/horror/jrsc.html

  10. #20
    Inactive Member TRM04's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2000
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your moving to Chicago???

    ------------------
    1994 4 door GSR

    Basically stock, other than:

    Rev Hard Turbo Kit. Koni Yellow w/ GCs. And some other goodies...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •